If you’re looking for a vacation destination that includes wonderful attractions and sunny skies, consider heading to Sarasota, Florida. Our little slice of paradise on the Gulf of Mexico has some of the best attractions Florida has to offer. There are so many things to see, you will probably run out of time before you run out of activities. Whether you’re interested in shopping, nature, or history, we have attractions to suit your tastes. Getting around Sarasota is easy; you can use public transit, rent a car, or look into our Sarasota and Siesta Key limo service options.
Top Attractions in Sarasota, Florida
- The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art should be at the top of your list of places to see in Sarasota. John Ringling built the museum to house his personal collection of art masterpieces. While you’re there, be sure to visit John and Mable’s personal mansion.
- The Ringling Circus Museum, located on the same grounds as the art museum, features the world’s largest circus miniature and the Ringlings’ private Pullman train car.
- The Crowley Museum and Nature Center offers easy, pleasant walking tours. The nature trail travels through dry pine flatwoods, shady oak hammocks, Tatum Sawgrass Marsh, and the Myakka River.
- If you’re a gardener, botanist, or a nature lover, you won’t want to miss the magnificent Marie Selby Botanical Gardens. The gardens feature an impressive collection of tropical plants, a Koi pond, a bamboo grove, banyan trees, and a butterfly garden.
- South Florida Museum, Parker Manatee Aquarium, and Bishop Planetarium are three great attractions, located in one stop! The museum has life-size exhibits featuring regional artifacts from prehistoric times to the present day. The aquarium is a second stage rehabilitation facility for manatees; these manatees will eventually be released back into the wild. Make sure to meet “Snooty,” the aquarium’s official mascot. The planetarium is a domed theater which houses one of the most advanced digital projection systems in the world. Visitors have the opportunity to explore our universe through live star talks and virtual journeys.
- Take a walk on the wild side! Visit the Sarasota Jungle Gardens to enjoy entertaining and educational bird and reptile shows. You can also experience a flamingo eating right out of your hand.
- The Sarasota Classic Car Museum is one of the oldest operating antique car museums in the United States. Rotating exhibits allow you to view various antique, exotic, and European car classics.
- If you’re interested in seeing new faces and meeting new friends, consider stopping by the Sarasota Farmer’s Market. The market offers an array of sights, sounds, and aromas. Local artisans selling handmade crafts, food vendors, musicians, and farmers work together to create this wonderful experience, every Saturday morning, all year.
If you’re looking for a vacation filled with fun in the sun, adventures, and new memories, take a trip to Sarasota, Florida. During your visit, consider travelling in style by contacting a Sarasota transportation company to escort you around town in a limousine.